- 27-Mar-2017 to 26-May-2017 (CST)
- Parks & Recreation
- Saint Louis, MO, USA
CITY OF RICHMOND HEIGHTS
POSITION TITLE: Personal Trainer
REPORTS TO: Recreation Specialist--Fitness & Sports
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for conducting client assessments, as well as one-on-one, duet and group personal training sessions with clients in a busy fitness center.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Conduct service appointments with members which includes body fat analysis, nutritional counseling, proper use of fitness equipment, proper form of exercises, etc.
• Advise members on ways to achieve their fitness goals.
• Develop individualized exercise programs consistent with our members' personal fitness and exercise goals.
• Continually monitor and assist members to ensure proper form is used when performing exercises.
• Ensure facility cleanliness and tidiness.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Normal indoor conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification is required for this position.
2. National Personal Training certification REQUIRED (AFAA, ACE, NASM, NSCA, ACSM, or WITS.). Degree in job-related field not required, but preferred.
3. Experience Required.
4. Flexible availability days, evenings, and weekends.
NOTE: In addition to submitting the independent contractor application, please email your resume and copies of applicable certifications to Jon Gutmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated: is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate."