- 23-Mar-2017 to 22-May-2017 (CST)
- Parks & Recreation
- Saint Louis, MO, USA
- Part Time
Regular part-time employees are eligible for paid sick and vacation time off (accrued at the part-time level).
City of Richmond Heights
POSITION TITLE: Custodial Crew Leader – Part-time
REPORTS TO: Custodial Services Coordinator – Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
STARTING RATE: $15.00 per hour
SHIFT: Mainly weekends; other shifts as needed to fill in for full-time Custodial Services Coordinator.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the general custodial maintenance of THE HEIGHTS: Richmond Heights Community Center, and supervision of part time custodial staff. Operates the various types of equipment required to perform custodial duties.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Knows, understands and enforces rules and regulations governing the facility use and the facility emergency procedures.
2. Operates various types of cleaning equipment.
3. Supervises part time staff in all aspects of building custodial services.
4. Maintains various facility areas in a clean and professional manner.
5. Performs vacuuming of all carpeted areas.
6. Performs cleaning of all restrooms.
7. Performs cleaning of doors and windows.
8. Maintain all paper product holders.
9. Performs sweeping, mopping and polishing of all uncarpeted areas.
10. Collects and disposes all trash to dumpster.
11. Dusts and cleans all office areas.
12. Maintains all appliances in kitchen and lunchroom areas.
13. Changes light bulbs as necessary.
14. Performs the moving of various furniture pieces as necessary to perform custodial duties.
15. Cleans and maintains all window treatments.
16. Knows and follows proper facility opening and closing procedures.
17. Surveys the entire facility at the beginning and end of each day, assuring everyone has exited the facility at the end of the day.
18. Responds to the public needs in a courteous manner and report comments/complaints regarding to physical facility, staff or general public to supervisor.
19. Completes daily cleaning responsibility forms for supervisor.
20. Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
21. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors.
1. Performs special projects and tasks as assigned by supervisors.
2. Assists other departments as needed to implement citywide activities.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of this job.
1. Sitting, talking, hearing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting.
2. Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand – eye coordination required.
3. Clarity of vision at 20 inches – corrected or uncorrected.
4. Constant lifting and moving of items 1 to 60 lbs.
5. Moderate moving of items 60 to 100 lbs.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Normal building environment. Some exposure to varied weather conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Currently enrolled or have graduated from high school or GED program.
Experience: One-year experience in custodial work; supervisory experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
1. Ability to work independently and make decisions.
2. Ability to work effectively with supervisors, co-workers and public.
3. Ability to train and be trained on new techniques and jobs.
4. Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
5. Ability to function efficiently under stress related factors consistent with the position.
6. Ability to work days, evenings and weekends.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Normal office equipment. Use of cleaning supplies, floor cleaning/maintenance equipment, ladder/lifts, sound and audio-visual equipment, hand tools, security system, and kitchen equipment. Ability to operate automobile, shuttle bus and/or pickup truck.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: Possess a valid driver's license.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.