- 09-Mar-2017 to 08-May-2017 (CST)
- Parks & Recreation
- Richmond Heights, MO, USA
CITY OF RICHMOND HEIGHTS
POSITION TITLE: Rec Aide – Concessions, Seasonal
REPORTS TO: Aquatic Specialist, Aquatic Assistant, Pool Manager, Assistant Pool Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Responsible for concession food service operations of the outdoor pool. Position requires good customer service skills, food handling and preparation, assist in cleaning and preparing area for day to day operation. Responsible for accurate accounting and money transactions; assist with product inventory controls.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Food prep and service in accordance with Health Department regulations and guidelines including proper food handling procedures.
2. Operate concessions equipment and handles cash register sales.
3. Daily and continuous cleaning of concession site and equipment.
4. Notifies supervisor of supply needs or equipment repair.
5. Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
6. Maintain accurate cash handling procedures at all times.
7. Interact with customers and clients in a pleasant and professional manner.
8. Knows, understands and enforces rules and regulations governing the facility use and the facility emergency procedures.
9. Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
1. Performs tasks as assigned by the Pool Manager and Recreation supervisory staff.
2. Assists other departments as needed to implement citywide activities.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of this job.
1. Sitting, talking, hearing, and walking.
2. Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand – eye coordination required.
3. Clarity of vision at 20 inches – corrected or uncorrected.
4. Occasional moving of 1 to 60 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. Air and/or skin exposure to oils and other fluids.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Currently enrolled or have graduated from high school or GED program.
Experience: Previous experience in food handling or customer service preferred, but not required.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
1. Working knowledge of the principles and operating practices of food and beverage services.
2. Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money.
3. Thorough knowledge in maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
4. Ability to work effectively with supervisors, co-workers and public.
5. Positive attitude and neat appearance.
6. Ability to work days, evenings and weekends.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated: is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate."