- 22-Feb-2017 to 23-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Parks & Recreation
- Richmond Heights, MO, USA
- Part Time
CITY OF RICHMOND HEIGHTS
POSITION TITLE: Rec Aide - Fitness Part Time
REPORTS TO: Recreation Assistant, Supervisor, and Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the supervision of the fitness areas specifically for providing adult and youth orientations, assisting with general fitness related questions, monitoring participants as they work out, general cleaning of the fitness center and equipment, and other duties as specified by supervisor on duty.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Understands and enforces rules and regulations governing facility use and emergency procedures.
2. Performs opening and closing procedures in an efficient and orderly manner.
3. Works well with individuals of all ages and abilities.
4. Must have good communication skills.
5. Provides customer service to the general public in a professional manner.
6. Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
7. Maintains fitness area and equipment in a clean, safe and organized manner.
8. Informs supervisor of all information regarding the physical facility, staff and general public.
9. Notifies supervisor of supply needs or equipment repair.
10. Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
11. Assists with recreation programs as needed.
1. Performs special projects and tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
2. Assists other departments as needed to implement city-wide activities.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of this job.
1. Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
2. Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand – eye coordination required.
3. Clarity of vision at 20 inches – corrected or uncorrected.
4. Occasional moving of 1 to 85 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Normal indoor conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: High school or equivalent with understanding of physical education, health, anatomy, and exercise physiology. Some college education is preferred.
Experience: Prefer one year cumulative fitness experience as student athlete, fitness center attendant, or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
1. Must be able to provide proper guidance and direction for fitness users.
2. Ability to provide an effective orientation for fitness center users.
3. Must maintain proper appearance and behavior.
4. Ability to work effectively with supervisors, co-workers and public.
5. Ability to be trained on new techniques and jobs.
6. Ability to function efficiently under stress related factors consistent with the position.
7. Ability to work evenings and weekends.
8. Must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position. Personal computer and associated software. Normal office equipment. Fitness equipment. General cleaning equipment.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: CPR, AED & First Aid.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated: is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate."